Harris County MUD No.239 public water systems, (PWS) ID 1012392, temporarily converted the disinfectant used in the distribution system from chloramine to free chlorine. The conversion began on 8/11/23 and should continue through 9/5/23.
During this period, you may experience taste and odor changes associated with this type of temporary disinfectant conversion.
If you experience taste and odor issues during this period please contact our operator H2O Consulting at 281 861 6215 and they can flush the main water line.
Notice to Customers
Due to our lack of rain and increased water demand on the District’s water plant facilities and WHCRWA’s water plant facilities, Harris County Utility District No. 239 (the “District”) has implemented their Drought Contingency and Water Conservation Plan.
Stage I- Moderate Water Shortage – Voluntary
Moderate Water Shortage – Stage 1 voluntary water restrictions are as follows:
- Water Customers with Even Numbered Address, are requested to limit the irrigation of landscaped and other areas to Sunday and Thursday between the hours of 7:00 pm on the designated watering day and 5 am on the following day. (See example below)
- Water Customers with Odd Numbered Address are requested to limit the irrigation of landscaped and other areas to Saturday and Wednesday and between the hours of 7:00 pm on the designated watering day and 5 am on the following day. (See example below)
- Irrigation of landscaped areas for commons areas and greenbelts are requested to limit the irrigation of landscaped and other areas to Tuesday and Friday between the hours of 7:00 pm on the designated watering day and 5 am on the following day.
- Water Customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue Non-essential Water Uses
The Board of Directors appreciates your cooperation and perseverance during this Stage 1 – Moderate Water Shortage. We will notify you if the Stage 2 – Severe Water Shortage is required.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact H2O Consulting at 281-861-6215.
Example Even Address
- 12342 Elm Street
- Water on Sunday and Thursday
Example Odd Address
- 12345 Elm Street
- Water on Saturday and Wednesday
Water Supply from the WHCRWA has been restored. Please return to normal water use.