The park was dedicated in August, 2020, in memory of Mrs. Brenda Jill Garcia. Mrs. Garcia was instrumental in organizing activities and volunteering her time leading efforts to support community events serving the Bear Creek Plantation.
The park is intended for use and enjoyment of the taxpayers of MUD239, which includes Bear Creek Plantation, Bear Creek Meadows and Austinville neighborhoods. We encourage everyone to use the facilities responsibly. The large and small pavilions may be used on weekends for family events. Reservations available. Please see details below.
Park Operating Hours
- 1 March – 30 April: 7:30 AM to 7:30 PM
- 1 May – 31 August: 6:30 AM to 8:30 PM
- 1 September – 31 October: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- 1 November – 28 February: 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM
NOTE: Park closing times indicate the time the gates will be locked for the night. Everyone must exit PRIOR to that time.
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
*Weather related – storms, hurricanes, freezes, etc., as required to protect the park.
In case of emergency call 911
For Security concerns contact Harris County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) – 713-221-6000
For park maintenance issues, Lost/Found, contact Park Rangers at 281-257-3375
- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- MOTORIZED VEHICLES
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- SKATEBOARDS OR TWO WHEEL BICYCLES
- GLASS CONTAINERS
- UNLEASHED PETS
- FIRES, WEAPONS OR FIREWORKS
- UNATTENDED CHILDREN UNDER 10
- FUND RAISING OR SOLICITING ON PROPERTY
- DEFACING MATERIALS – CHALK, PAINT, PERMANENT MARKERS, etc.
- LOUD MUSIC – BE AWARE OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- NO TENTS, EXTRA TABLES, ETC.
- DISPOSE OF TRASH PROPERLY
Large or Small pavilion may be used for family gatherings, birthdays parties, etc., on weekends. This is a small park with limited facilities and parking. It is suitable for small gatherings. Events are limited to four (4) hours each, as indicated below. To allow everyone access to the park, please keep gatherings small.
- Morning session – 8AM – 12PM
- Afternoon session – 1PM – 5PM
Reservations can be made. One reservation per weekend. This will include any set up and cleanup time. Decorations should be kept to a minimum.
- NO ALCOHOL
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS
- NO BOUNCY HOUSES, PONY RIDES, COMMERCIAL ENTERTAINMENT, etc.
- NO LOUD MUSIC
- YOU MUST REMOVE ALL TRASH FROM THE PARK AT THE END OF THE EVENT. Dumpsters are not provided. Please come prepared with extra trash bags. Excessive trash remaining may result in $100 cleaning fee.
- GATES ARE LOCKED AT CLOSING TME. Please start cleanup at least 30 minutes PRIOR to the stated times.
- PLEASE LEAVE THE PARK AS YOU FOUND IT.
Event Reservations, email HCSO at: email@example.com
- WEEKDAYS – Security is provided by MUD239 Contract Deputies who make the park a stop on regular neighborhood patrols.
- WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS – Security has been contracted with Harris County Sheriffs Office. A Deputy will be assigned to be present in the park on weekends and holidays. They are there for your, as well as the park’s, protection. They will also manage the reservation system.