The park was dedicated in August, 2020, in memory of Mrs. Brenda Jill Garcia. Mrs. Garcia was instrumental in organizing activities and volunteering her time leading efforts to support community events serving the Bear Creek Plantation.
BJG Park was funded by the taxpayers of MUD239 for the use and enjoyment of the residents of MUD239, including Bear Creek Plantation I & II, Bear Creek Meadows and Austinville neighborhoods. This is not a Public Park. It is open to the general public in our immediate area. We encourage all guests to use the park responsibly.
NOTICE: DUE TO INCREASING POPULARITY OF THE PARK AND VERY LIMITED PARKING AVAILABILITY, RESERVATIONS FOR THE PAVILIONS ARE NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED. NO INDIVIDUAL PARTIES WILL BE ALLOWED AT EITHER PAVILION.
Park Operating Hours
- SUMMER: 6:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- WINTER: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
NOTES: TIMES ABOVE INDICATE THE TIMES THE GATES WILL BE OPENED AND LOCKED FOR THE NIGHT. NO ENTRY BEFORE OR EXIT AFTER THAT TIME ALLOWED. WHEN DEPUTIES ARE PRESENT, ALWAYS FOLLOW THEIR INSTRUCTIONS.
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- New Years Day
*Weather related – storms, hurricanes, freezes, etc., as required to protect the park.
In case of emergency call 911
For Security concerns contact Harris County Sheriff’s Office (HCSO) – 713-221-6000
For park maintenance issues, Lost/Found, contact Park Rangers at 281-257-3375
- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- MOTORIZED VEHICLES
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
- SKATEBOARDS OR TWO WHEEL BICYCLES
- GLASS CONTAINERS
- UNLEASHED PETS
- FIRES, WEAPONS OR FIREWORKS
- UNATTENDED CHILDREN UNDER 10
- FUND RAISING OR SOLICITING ON PROPERTY
- DEFACING MATERIALS – CHALK, PAINT, PERMANENT MARKERS, etc.
- LOUD MUSIC – BE AWARE OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- NO TENTS, EXTRA TABLES, ETC.
- DISPOSE OF TRASH PROPERLY
- WEEKDAYS – Security is provided by MUD239 Contract Deputies who make the park a stop on regular neighborhood patrols.
- WEEKENDS/HOLIDAYS – Security has been contracted with Harris County Sheriffs Office. A Deputy will be assigned to be present in the park on weekends and holidays. They are there for your, as well as the park’s, protection. They will also manage the reservation system.